11) You know a solute has formed when the solute and the substance are at an equilibrium, meaning no more substance an be dissolved in the solution. To create a supersaturated solution, a solution that can hold more crystals than the original equilibrium, you have to first heat the solution to boiling point then add more substance while stirring. This will allow the solution to hold more of the substance. There are three factors that affect solubility, the polarity of the substance and the polarity of the solvent, temperature (the higher the temperature the more it can hold), Pressure (the higher pressure can hold more solute in the solution)
31) Draw and explain how a nuclear facility works.
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
- Cleveland Clinic. The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. Web. <http://my.clevelandclinic.org/services/pet_scan/hic_pet_scan.aspx>.
- Radiation Therapy, Cancer Treatment, Radiotherapy, Radiation Oncology,." ELEKTA. Lynda Jackson Macmillan Centre for Cancer Support. Web. 04 Apr. 2011. <http://www.elekta.com/patient_international_radiation_therapy.php>.
- "Nuclear Medicine, PET." RadiologyInfo - The Radiology Information Resource for Patients. Web. 04 Apr. 2011. <http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=PET>.
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy: What Breast Cancer Patients Need to Know." Cancernews.com. Web. 04 Apr. 2011. <http://www.cancernews.com/data/Article/202.asp>.
- "Radiation Therapy and You - National Cancer Institute." Comprehensive Cancer Information - National Cancer Institute. Web. 04 Apr. 2011. <http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/coping/radiation-therapy-and-you/page6>.
6. "PET Scan - Division of Nuclear Medicine - BWH Department of Radiology." Brigham And Women's Hospital - A Teaching Affiliate of Harvard Medical School. Web. 06 Apr. 2011. http://www.brighamandwomens.org/Departments_and_Services/radiology/services/nuclearmedicine/Patient/PETScan.aspx.
7. PET Scan, PET/CT, CT Scan Imaging, South Florida, Oncology, Cancer. Web. 06 Apr. 2011. http://www.petimagingflorida.com/.
8. "Brain Fluorine-18 Fluorodeoxyglucose Imaging with Dual-Head Coincidence Gamma Camera:Comparison with Dedicated Ring-Detector PositronEmission Tomography -- Fukuchi Et Al. 21 (1): 99." American Journal of Neuroradiology. Web. 06 Apr. 2011. http://www.ajnr.org/cgi/content/full/21/1/99.
9. Web. 06 Apr. 2011. <http://www.radioactivemusic.com/>.
10. Inforamtion On Radiation Therapist Salary. Web. 06 Apr. 2011. <http://radiationtherapistsalary.com/>.
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
With covalent bonds
They share electrons to join
They go back and forth
*I had better pictures I had taken my self (besides the pyramids), but I couldn't get them to load.